Asphalt Roofing Shingles for Residential Application
Shingles are the first layer of defense in protecting your roof and thus, your home, from the element. Asphalt roofing shingles are primarily used in residential applications and are available in three (3) major categories:
- Premium Architectural
- The highest rated shingle for adding beauty to and defining the character of your home.
- Bring strength and beauty to your roof with architectural roofing shingles.
- Traditional 3-tab roofing shingles bring offer a smooth, blended appearance in a wide range of popular colors.
We carry a large variety of colors for our asphalt shingles, including those of the TruDefinition Duration Designer series and the Oakridge series from Owens Corning. Please note that actual colors may vary from those shown on the color chart for a variety of reasons. For a completely accurate assessment, please visit our showroom to see real samples of all the metal roofing options shown here.
As Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Roofing Contractors, we are pleased to extend a 50-year, non-proted warranty on both labor and materials for any asphalt roofing we install. For more information on the full warranty or the materials we use when installing asphalt shingles, please visit the Owens Corning website.
The installation process for asphalt shingles includes all the following:
- Remove existing roof down to wood decking
- Inspect decking for rot and deterioration (add'l charge if found in the deck, fascia or rafters)
- Flash where necessary
- Install: new drip edge, ice and water shield, starter shingles & underlayment
- Cut ridge vent & install shingles
- Install new plumbing and electrical boots
- Install ridge vent with matching hip and ridge
- Clean gutters and haul away all job related debris